If pride is the ultimate sin, patience is the ultimate virtue. Where pride is a loud and controlling person in a room full of people commanding attention, patience is off somewhere else lining up dominoes. Patience is aware of what’s going on. Patience is waiting for the right moment, even if the wait becomes uncomfortably long. It pays to just wait a second.Read More
Of all the human emotions, envy is often seen as a bad one; one that needs to be suppressed. It’s natural, of course. Envy could lead to anger and hatred at the person you’re envious of. Envy is seen as a quality displayed by impure people, those who would use devious methods to gain the objects of their envy.Read More
We all know someone who thinks everything happens for a reason. Maybe that person is you. That’s okay. It’s okay to think that every event that happens to you in your life is all part of some subtle guessing game that you need to solve, right? Maybe not.Read More
I don’t like the word “suffering” because it sounds too severe. However, it’s an incredibly accurate word to describe the pain we feel in life. And we experience some form of suffering every day. We feel it in three forms: pain, change, and expectations.Read More
So how can we make sure our habits, our brain's default settings, are good?
The short answer is to unlearn them. The slightly less-short answer is to unlearn them and replace them with good habits.Read More
You already know all the answers to your problems, but our brains cloud up when we're feeling extreme emotions like joy, excitement, or grief. You just have to dig a little and ask the right questions to find your answers.Read More
It's a feeling everyone knows: hard work paying off. What's interesting, though, is that achieving the goal is worth only about 35% of the satisfaction. The other 65% comes from the work that goes in to achieving it.Read More